- Stainless Steel and clad with bamboo.
- Reusable and long lasting.
- Celebrating 80 Years Protecting the Royal Air Force
- Since 1960, 63 Sqn RAF Regiment has been charged with guarding and escorting the Queens Colours of the Royal Air Force
- Support the UK Veterans charity of your choice by purchasing these useful items.
RAF Regiment Anniversary 63 Sqn
£17.00 – £22.00
Available on back-order
63 Squadron, Royal Air Force Regiment was formed in 1943 as a light anti-aircraft squadron defending RAF flying stations throughout the remainder of the war.
In 1946 it became a field squadron while serving in Berlin.
While training to become the first RAF Regiment to become equipped with the then new Rapier Anti-Aircraft Missile Squadron in 1972, it was unexpectedly diverted to tours in Northern Ireland, which meant that it was only in 1974 when they became a full Rapier Squadron.
The Squadron became the resident Rapier Squadron at RAF Gutersloh, West Germany.
In 1982, the Squadron was part of the retaking of the Falklands, first deploying first to San Carlos, and then to Stanley when hostilities ceased.
In 2003, the Squadron deployed to Basra, Iraq, defending the Royal Air Force base.
In 1960 the Squadron was tasked with guarding and protecting the colours of the Royal Air Force. Mostly an important ceremonial role, but an important one, it is also an important operational field squadron.
2022 is the 80th Anniversary of the formation of the Royal Air Force Regiment.
These Mugs and Flasks commemorate those that have served, and those that still serve, in 63 Sqn RAF Regiment.